Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Parent’sTestimonial

Dear Mr. Chapman,

My husband and I want to personally thank you and the staff first for accepting our son into the program and secondly for the excellent support given Joel.

In the beginning of Joel's stay in the group home, he was most unhappy. He bombarded us with complaints. We told him to stick it out, for he would see that his complaints would be unfounded. Ms. Mary and the other two ladies treated Joel as any parents - giving him praise when earned and advice. We appreciate everything they did for Joel, for they created a sense of pride in him.

We really appreciate Mr. McCreary, Mr. Shanley, and Mr. Cooley for their persistent dedication, commitment, and faith in our son. These gentlemen take an active interest in Jay (Joel). They don't interact with Jay as if he is just another client, but a human being. Joel himself refers to them as people who take a genuine interest in him. In Jay's words, "They have made me want to live again. Since coming to Caramore, my life has taken an upward spiral." I would be homeless if it were not for Caramore and the help I received from Ted, Barry, and David. Mom, they gave and give me hope. They make me know that I'm not the only one experiencing these problems. I work. I have money in my pocket. Things are looking up." Jay's now positive attitude gives us hope and belief in the system."

Just recently, Jay had to be re-hospitalized for a brief time. David, Barry, and Ted called us to reassure us that everything would remain intact and to check on Jay's progress.

We just wanted to take a few minutes to thank you and the staff for everything you have done for our son. We don't have the words to adequately describe how we feel when we see the positive transformation in Jay. He is now an ambassador for Caramore, and so are we!

Thank you,
Joel Rogers
Carolyn Rogers, mom
Larry Rogers, dad

No comments: